I started with our favors, doing allot of cutting, stamping, gluing, and ribbon making.
And I'm only halfway there with those.
I took a break from favors, did some shopping at JoAnn's, then did a little experimenting with boutonnieres.
Here's what I came up with:

I made 6 this week. Each one I did a little bit differently-but with the same materials.
I wanted to come up with something that was fun, that I could do ahead of time, and didn't look cheesy-fake. So, I chose the creamy white paper flower, with a red silky rose with crystal embellishment. And of course the polka dot feathers.
Did I accomplish that, or does it look too... funky?
I've come acrossed stumped on another thing:
I've been talking to our cupcake baker (Franklin Bakery- best place in the whole wide world!!).
They're going to do the Turtle Cupcakes (one of their signatures) and a custom white cupcake with cream cheese frosting (what Chris wanted). They asked me if I wanted any decoration on the white ones, and I thought... Hey yeah- red polka dot confetti sprinkles would be cool.
So, they told me that they only have sugar crystals, and red jimmies (think donut sprinkles), but if I wanted to bring my own in, I could.
Super- no problem.
Yeah- easier said than done. I have searched every possible vendor online and nobody sells the PLAIN RED CONFETTI. I can find pastels, and primary colors mix. Even red confetti with Christmas trees. But, do I really want to pick out all the red from those- um, no!
Big stuff- easy. It's the little things that stump you. (Taken from my sister earlier today!)
Does anyone out there in web world have any suggestions?
~ nik
No comments:
Post a Comment